Boost the Positive Energy of your home with our Vastu Shastra tips
Vastu literally refers to the dwelling place of man, the place where he resides. ‘Vastu Shastra’ is the study of directions keeping in mind the six positive energies of the universe- solar energy, cosmic energy, lunar energy, magnetic energy, wind energy, and thermal energy to help success, peace, and prosperity prevail around you. If a house is constructed with these 6 energies in mind it is said to bring peace and prosperity to people residing in it.
Vastu is the study with which an area can release positive energy around it based on the 5 basic elements of the universe- Akash (SKY), Prithvi (EARTH), Agni (FIRE), Paani (WATER), and Vayu (WIND) which have proved to ensure happiness and peace for those who follow the principles of Vastu Shastra.
At Indriyo.in we offer a team of extremely skilled interior designers who are at your service helping you to witness your imagination get a life. Being trained in the science of Vastu, interior designers at Indriyo.in ensure to offer you with Vastu tips for home as well as for your office.
In the case of Vastu Shastra for home, the following setups are to be considered-
- Placement of furniture in all the rooms
- Placement of the accessories in the kitchen and bathroom.
- Suggesting the colour schemes for paints for different rooms.
- Suggesting the colours of the drapery and choice of materials for different rooms.
- Suggesting the colour for the exteriors.
- Placement of invertors, washing machine, electrical items.
- Choice and placement of plants to be put in an area and plants to be avoided
- in the building.
In the case of Vastu Shastra for office, the following setups are to be considered-
- Placement of the rooms of the director
- Placement of the rooms of the staff according to the work done like accounts, finance, designing, cash and what so ever.
- Placement of the safe/vault.
- Placement of the raw materials, finished products.
- Placement of machinery.
Vastu Shastra thus has great importance in our daily life. It appears to be one of the best ways to ensure good wishes and confidence keep you surrounded. If there happens to be a slight rupture in this balance, there is an extensive flow of negativity around us. It is with Vastu Shastra that we can overcome such problems and live in accordance with the laws of nature, remain healthy and lead life efficiently.
It might appear that Vastu is merely the science of construction of houses but, it is not so. If you have just related to Vastu principles while constructing your house and not for the interiors, it is going to be of no use.
Impact of Vastu on interior arrangement:
Every room has eight directions so one must keep in mind to design the interiors of the room abiding by the rules of Vastu. One of the basic principles of Vastu is that the entrance of the house should be towards the east, since, the sun rises in the east and the door opens for light and positivity in the house.
Experts are of the opinion that elements of interior decoration like the entrance of the house, placement of the furniture, positioning of the temple or the puja room, colours of the different rooms, furniture, are some of the major considerations. The interior of the house can be designed keeping in mind the Vastu in the following ways-
- The positioning of the kitchen is hugely related to the health and wealth of the family.
- The interiors of a bedroom have an impact on the health, career as well as personal life of those who live in it.
- The positioning of the puja room is to bring peace and prosperity in the house.
- Mirrors are an important element in ones’ house. Placement of mirrors at various places in the house may have a great impact on health and happiness.
- Furniture placing can affect the balance of energy and mental peace.
- To maintain proper health and hygiene, correct placement of water is very important.
- Choosing different colours for different sections of the house will have a specific impact.
- Black colour should be avoided for furniture and tiles in the kitchen.
- Construct the study room towards the east.
- Sleep in any direction apart from North.
- Dim lights to be avoided in the house.
- Keep the north-east corner clean and tidy.
- Try not to face the mirror while sleeping or sitting.
- Avoid having the toilet or any water tap in the centre of the house. It is believed to drain all the wealth. Also, don’t let a leaking tap be there, get it repaired soon as possible because it is believed that it drains wealth away from the house.
- The kitchen, toilet and the prayer room should not be attached or kept next to each other.
Vastu Colour Schemes:
Also, Vastu Shastra believes every colour has a negative as well as positive impact on the house and the people residing in it. Having told this, let us now discuss the Vastu colour schemes for houses. As a colour reflects a person’s personality, it is a reflection of a person’s nature, liking and taste. According to Vastu, bright and soft colours should be considered to keep the area relaxing and soothing. Dark colours like red, black, and grey have the ability to attract negative energy and create an aura of darkness all around.
To know more about correct colour schemes, marble and flooring of the room consult expert interior designers at Indriyo.in to use these tips for a happier and peaceful life.
Vastu for Lighting:
Lights are used to keep away the darkness. But, lighting without using Vastu Shastra is increasing the darkness in the house and minds. Vastu Shastra suggests the use of bright lights instead of dim or damaged lights. In case of broken light, it needs to be repaired immediately.
Vastu for Ceiling:
The ceiling of a house is the head of it. According to Vastu Shastra, your house should have a flat ceiling without any cuts or irregular carvings to maintain a balanced life. Similarly, for the bedroom, a depressed or falling ceiling should be avoided. Simple and elegant ceilings would be the best for residential houses.
Vastu for Mirrors:
Mirrors are objects that are supposed to shine and reflect whatever comes in view of it automatically. That is the reason why Vastu advises to use mirrors cautiously or else it can lead to loss and, misery while placing mirrors in, correct zones can attract positivity in life. According to Vastu Shastra, mirrors must be placed east or north facing so that all negative energies can be flushed out. Also, mirrors must not be placed in bedrooms rather in a separate dressing room and covered at night.
Vastu for Curtains:
Curtains are often used to prevent excessive heat and cold entering the room and make the room look decorated. According to Vastu, light coloured curtains for the bedroom while dark colour curtains for the living room should be considered. In the negative corners of the house, heavy and dark curtains can be used but, if used in the wrong way they can end up attracting diseases.
Hence, it is advisable before purchasing the curtains, make sure you consult a professional Vastu consultant for the correct guidance.
Vastu for paintings and statues:
Vastu suggests the placement of natural scenes like sunrise, nature, waterfall etc in the house instead of paintings of war, violence. Statues of diety should be avoided in the bedroom and North-east corner of the room. Statues of Lord Ganesha are used as decorative pieces and should be placed in the puja room.
Vastu for Indoor Plants:
Indoor Plants are popular as well as common for interior designing. Cactus and thorny plants should be avoided along with big plants in the north-east corner of the house.
Vastu for Electrical Appliances:
Electrical Appliances should be avoided in the north-east corner of the house. Gas ovens, microwave should be placed in the southeast directions. Geysers should be placed in the south-east bathroom wall. A.C, Cooler, Refridgerator should be placed in the northwest of the room. T.V can be placed in the North, East or Southeast of the room.
Be it the placement of furniture or appropriate colours for the rooms, interior designers’ team at Indriyo.in leaves no stone unturned and are determined to provide the best quality services at reasonable prices.
While the transformation is under progress, regular image updates are emailed to the client to check the progress. We intend to have our clients’ confidence and faith in us so that we are encouraged to continue our good work for them.